Joseph P Zanoni
Research Assistant Professor
Environmtl & Occuptnl Hlth Sci
556 Sphw, M/c 922
1603 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
Curriculum and Instruction
- MHRIR, U of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 1986
- B.S., U of Wisconsin Madison, 1980
Education: Special Education
- Community based participatory research, qualitative research methods including critical discourse analysis, focus group approaches, narrative analysis, and case studies, intervention effectiveness with home care and immigrant workers.
- Teaching, learning and curriculum.
- Zanoni, J. (2013). Talk and praxis: Learning dialogue in community. Saarbrucken, Germany: Scholars' Press Publishing (ISBN: 978-3-639-70107-4).
- Cultivating experiential knowledge: Peer educators working disciplinary borders. Zanoni, J. (2013). Postcolonial Directions in Education 2(2), 186-225.
- Confronting inequity: Participatory education impacting health at work. Zanoni, J. (2013). Journal Of Critical Thought and Praxis 2(1), 18-39.
- Evaluating Goals in Worker Health Protection Using a Participatory Design and an Evaluation Checklist. Ahonen, E., Zanoni, J., Forst, L., Ochsner, M., Kimmel, L., Martino, C., Ringholm, E., Rodríguez E., Kader, A., and Sokas, R. (2013). New Solutions 23(4), 537-560.
- More than training: Community-based participatory research to reduce injuries among hispanic construction workers. Forst, L., Ahonen, E., Zanoni, J., Holloway-Beth, A., Oschner, M., Kimmel, L., Martino, C., Rodriguez, E., Kader, A., Ringholm, E. and Sokas, R. (2013). American Journal of Industrial Medicine. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22187
- Medical Interpretation for Immigrant Workers, Forst, L., Masters, D., Zanoni, J., Avila, S., & Miller,A. (2012). New Solutions, 22(1), 37-50
- Youth violence prevention curriculum evaluation: Outcomes of a Cook County, Illinois community based partnership. Zanoni, J., Avila, S., Murray, L., Guzman, A., Levine, D., & Joseph, K. (2011). International Quarterly of Community Health Education, 31(2), 171-186.
- Zanoni, J., Rucinski, D., Flores, J., Perez, I., Gomez, G., Davis, R., Jones, R. Community funds of knowledge for health and curriculum. (2011). Journal of Latinos and Education, 10(1), 43-58.
- Zanoni, J. (2008). Dialogue and hegemony: Sociolinguistic analysis of charlas for critique and praxis. Mediterranean Journal of Educational Studies, 13(1), 39-58.
- Zanoni, J. (2008). Antonio Gramsci and funds of knowledge: Organic ethnographers of knowledge in workers centers. International Gramsci Journal, 1, 1-35.
- Zanoni, J., Kauffman, K., McPhaul, K., Nickels, L., Hayden, M., Glassman, M., Vega, L., Sokas, R., Lipscomb, J. (2007). Personal care assistants and blood exposure in the home environment: Focus group findings. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education and Action, 1(2), 125-131.
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.