Joseph P Zanoni
Research Assistant Professor
Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences
556 Sphw, M/c 922
1603 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2010
Curriculum and Instruction
- MHRIR, U of Wisconsin Milwaukee, 1986
- B.S., U of Wisconsin Madison, 1980
Education: Special Education
- Community based participatory research, qualitative research methods including critical discourse analysis, focus group approaches, narrative analysis, and case studies, intervention effectiveness with home care workers, immigrant participants of workers'
- Teaching, learning and curriculum.
- Confronting inequity: Participatory education impacting health at work. Zanoni, J. (2013). Journal Of Critical Thought and Praxis 2(1), 18-39.
- More than training: Community-based participatory research to reduce injuries among hispanic construction workers. Forst, L., Ahonen, E., Zanoni, J., Holloway-Beth, A., Oschner, M., Kimmel, L., Martino, C., Rodriguez, E., Kader, A., Ringholm, E. and Sokas, R. (2013). American Journal of Industrial Medicine. doi: 10.1002/ajim.22187
- Medical Interpretation for Immigrant Workers, Forst, L., Masters, D., Zanoni, J., Avila, S., & Miller, A. (2012). New Solutions, 22(1), 37-50.
- Community funds of knowledge for health and curriculum. Zanoni, J., Rucinski, D., Flores, J., Perez, I., Gomez, G., Davis, R., Jones, R. (2011). Journal of Latinos and Education, 10(1), 43-58.
- Youth violence prevention curriculum evaluation: Outcomes of a Cook County, Illinois community based partnership. Zanoni, J., Avila, S., Murray, L., Guzman, A., Levine, D., & Joseph, K. (2011). International Quarterly of Community Health Education, 31(2), 171-186.
- An approach to assessing data quality in a area-probability survey using CBPR. Ruciski, D., Davis, R., Gomez, G., Flores, J., Perez, I., Zanoni, J. (2011). Health Promotion Practice, 12(5), 704-712.
- Zanoni, J. (2008). Antonio Gramsci and funds of knowledge: Organic ethnographers of knowledge in workers centers. International Gramsci Journal, 1, 1-35.
- Zanoni, J. (2008). Dialogue and hegemony: Sociolinguistic analysis of charlas for critique and praxis. Mediterranean Journal of Educational Studies, 13(1), 39-58.
- Zanoni, J., Kauffman, K., McPhaul, K., Nickels, L., Hayden, M., Glassman, M., Vega, L., Sokas, R., Lipscomb, J. (2007). Personal care assistants and blood exposure in the home environment: Focus group findings. Progress in Community Health Partnerships: Research, Education and Action, 1(2), 125-131.
- Cho, C., Oliva, J., Sweitzer, E., Nevarez, J., Zanoni, J., Sokas, R. (2007). An Interfaith workers center approach to workplace rights: Implications for workplace safety and health. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 49(3), 275-281.
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.