1603 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2008
Maternal and Child Health
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2008
- Social Determinants of racial/ethnic health disparities in adverse birth outcomes; Applying average population attributable fractions and other advanced analytic methods to maternal and child health; Breastfeeding; Evaluation
- Pediatric Epidemiology, Intermediate Epidemiologic Methods, Advanced Analytic Methods in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
Public Health Practice Experience
- I provide analytic capacity building to maternal and child health epidemiologists in state and local health departments through ongoing training courses and ad hoc technical assistance.
- Handler A, Rankin KM, Peacock N, Issel M. The Implementation of Interconception Care in Two Community Health Settings: Lessons Learned, American Journal of Health Promotion, 27(3 Suppl): eS21-eS31, Jan/Feb 2013.
- Rankin KM, Kroelinger CD, Rosenberg D, Barfield WD. Building analytic capacity, facilitating partnerships, and promoting data use in state health agencies: A distance-based workforce development initiative applied to maternal and child health epidemiology. Maternal and Child Health Journal 16:S196–S202, December 2012.
- Rosenberg D, Barfield W, Rankin K, Kroelinger CD. Increasing scientific and analytic capacity in states: extending epidemiology collaborations beyond traditional workforce development. Maternal and Child Health Journal 16:S193-S195, December 2012.
- Bennett AC, Rankin KM, Rosenberg D. Does Receiving Care in a Medical Home Mediate Racial Disparities in Unmet Healthcare Needs among Children with Special Healthcare Needs? Maternal and Child Health Journal 16 (2: Suppl2):S330–S338, December 2012.
- Handler A, Rankin K, Rosenberg D, Sinha K. Extent of Documented Adherence to Recommended Prenatal Care Content: Provider Site Differences and Effect on Outcome Among Low-Income Women. Maternal and Child Health Journal,16(2): 393-405, 2012.
- Test FS, Caskey R, Rankin KM. The Relationship between Receiving Care within a Medical Home and HPV Vaccine Receipt for Adolescent Girls: Results of the 2007 National Survey of Children’s Health. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Published online: March 14, 2012.
- Bennett AC, Brewer KC, Rankin KM. The Association of Child Mental Health Conditions and Parent Mental Health Status among U.S. Children, 2007. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Published online: September 24, 2011.
- Chor J, Rankin K, Harwood B, Handler A. Unintended pregnancy and postpartum contraceptive use in women with and without chronic medical disease who experienced a live birth. Contraception, 84:57-63, July 2011.
- Rankin KM, David RJ, Collins JW Jr. African-American Women's Exposure to Interpersonal Racial Discrimination in Public Settings and Preterm Birth: the Effect of Coping Behaviors. Ethnicity and Disease, 21(3): 370-6, July 2011.
- Collins, JW, Rankin KM, Bruett Hedstrom A. Exploring weathering: the relation of age to low birth weight among first generation and established United States-born Mexican-American women. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Published online: June 8, 2011.
- Rankin KM, Cooper A, Sanabria K, Binns H, Onufer C. Illinois Medical Home Project: Pilot intervention and evaluation. American Journal of Medical Quality, 24(4): 302-9, July/Aug 2009.
- Collins JW Jr., Rankin KM, David RJ. African-American Women's Lifetime Upward Economic Mobility And Preterm Birth: The Effect Of Fetal Programming. American Journal of Public Health, 101(4): 714-9, April 2011.
- Stahl CE, Necheles JW, Mayefsky JA, Wright LK, Rankin KM. 5-4-3-2-1 go! Coordinating pediatric resident education and community health promotion to address the obesity epidemic in children and youth. Clinical Pediatrics, 50(3): 215-24, March 2011.
- Collins JW, Rankin KM, David RJ. Low Birth Weight Across Generations: The Effect of Economic Environment. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 15(4):438-445, May 2011.
- Collins J, David R, Rankin KM, Wambach J. Women’s Lifelong Exposure to Neighborhood Poverty and Low Birth Weight: a Population-Based Study. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 13(3): 326-33, May 2009.
- Collins Jr JW, David R, Rankin K, Desireddi J. Transgenerational effect of neighborhood poverty on low birth weight among African-Americans in Cook County, Illinois. American Journal of Epidemiology, 169(6): 712-7, Mar 2009.
- Love C, David RJ, Rankin K, Collins JW Jr. Exploring Weathering: Effects of Lifelong Economic Environment and Maternal Age on Birth Outcomes in African American and White Women. American Journal of Epidemiology, 172(2): 127:134, July 2010.
- David RJ, Love C, Rankin KM, Collins JW Jr. David et al. Respond to “The Socioeconomic Causes of Adverse Birth Outcomes”. American Journal of Epidemiology, 172(2): 138-9, July 2010.
- David R, Rankin K, Lee K, Prachand N, Love C, Collins Jr J. The Illinois Transgenerational Birth File: Life-Course Analysis of Birth Outcomes Using Vital Records and Census Data Over Decades. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 14(1):121-132, Jan 2010.
- Handler A, Rosenberg D, Rankin K, Zimbeck M, Adams K. The Pre-pregnancy insurance status of public aid recipients in the aftermath of welfare reform: women in the Medicaid GAP, Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 17(1): 162-179, February 2006.
- Rankin KM, Rauscher G, McCarthy B, Erdal S, Lada P, Il'yasova D, Davis F. Comparing the reliability of responses to telephone-administered vs. self-administered web-based surveys in a case-control study of adult malignant brain cancer. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, and Prevention, 17(10), Oct 2008.
- Rosenberg D, Handler A, Rankin KM, Zimbeck M, Adams EK . Prenatal care initiation among very low-income women in the aftermath of welfare reform: does pre-pregnancy Medicaid coverage make a difference? Maternal and Child Health Journal, 11(1): 11-17, January 2007.
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.