Research Assistant Professor
1603 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2008
Maternal and Child Health
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2008
- Determinants of racial/ethnic and socioeconomic health disparities in perinatal and pediatric health; Applying average population attributable fractions; Prenatal care; Breastfeeding
- Pediatric Epidemiology, Intermediate Epidemiologic Methods, Advanced Analytic Methods in Maternal and Child Health Epidemiology
- Handler A, Rankin K, Rosenberg D, Sinha K. Extent of Documented Adherence to Recommended Prenatal Care Content: Provider Site Differences and Effect on Outcome Among Low-Income Women. Maternal and Child Health Journal,16(2): 393-405, 2012.
- Test FS, Caskey R, Rankin KM. The Relationship between Receiving Care within a Medical Home and HPV Vaccine Receipt for Adolescent Girls: Results of the 2007 National Survey of Children’s Health. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Published online: March 14, 2012.
- Bennett AC, Brewer KC, Rankin KM. The Association of Child Mental Health Conditions and Parent Mental Health Status among U.S. Children, 2007. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Published online: September 24, 2011.
- Chor J, Rankin K, Harwood B, Handler A. Unintended pregnancy and postpartum contraceptive use in women with and without chronic medical disease who experienced a live birth. Contraception, 84:57-63, July 2011.
- Rankin KM, David RJ, Collins JW Jr. African-American Women's Exposure to Interpersonal Racial Discrimination in Public Settings and Preterm Birth: the Effect of Coping Behaviors. Ethnicity and Disease, 21(3): 370-6, July 2011.
- Collins, JW, Rankin KM, Bruett Hedstrom A. Exploring weathering: the relation of age to low birth weight among first generation and established United States-born Mexican-American women. Maternal and Child Health Journal, Published online: June 8, 2011.
- Collins JW Jr., Rankin KM, David RJ. African-American Women's Lifetime Upward Economic Mobility And Preterm Birth: The Effect Of Fetal Programming. American Journal of Public Health, 101(4): 714-9, April 2011.
- Rankin KM, Cooper A, Sanabria K, Binns H, Onufer C. Illinois Medical Home Project: Pilot intervention and evaluation. American Journal of Medical Quality, 24(4): 302-9, July/Aug 2009.
- Stahl CE, Necheles JW, Mayefsky JA, Wright LK, Rankin KM. 5-4-3-2-1 go! Coordinating pediatric resident education and community health promotion to address the obesity epidemic in children and youth. Clinical Pediatrics, 50(3): 215-24, March 2011.
- Collins JW, Rankin KM, David RJ. Low Birth Weight Across Generations: The Effect of Economic Environment. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 15(4):438-445, May 2011.
- Collins J, David R, Rankin KM, Wambach J. Women’s Lifelong Exposure to Neighborhood Poverty and Low Birth Weight: a Population-Based Study. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 13(3): 326-33, May 2009.
- Collins Jr JW, David R, Rankin K, Desireddi J. Transgenerational effect of neighborhood poverty on low birth weight among African-Americans in Cook County, Illinois. American Journal of Epidemiology, 169(6): 712-7, Mar 2009.
- Love C, David RJ, Rankin K, Collins JW Jr. Exploring Weathering: Effects of Lifelong Economic Environment and Maternal Age on Birth Outcomes in African American and White Women. American Journal of Epidemiology, 172(2): 127:134, July 2010.
- David RJ, Love C, Rankin KM, Collins JW Jr. David et al. Respond to “The Socioeconomic Causes of Adverse Birth Outcomes”. American Journal of Epidemiology, 172(2): 138-9, July 2010.
- David R, Rankin K, Lee K, Prachand N, Love C, Collins Jr J. The Illinois Transgenerational Birth File: Life-Course Analysis of Birth Outcomes Using Vital Records and Census Data Over Decades. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 14(1):121-132, Jan 2010.
- Handler A, Rosenberg D, Rankin K, Zimbeck M, Adams K. The Pre-pregnancy insurance status of public aid recipients in the aftermath of welfare reform: women in the Medicaid GAP, Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 17(1): 162-179, February 2006.
- Rankin KM, Rauscher G, McCarthy B, Erdal S, Lada P, Il'yasova D, Davis F. Comparing the reliability of responses to telephone-administered vs. self-administered web-based surveys in a case-control study of adult malignant brain cancer. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers, and Prevention, 17(10), Oct 2008.
- Rosenberg D, Handler A, Rankin KM, Zimbeck M, Adams EK . Prenatal care initiation among very low-income women in the aftermath of welfare reform: does pre-pregnancy Medicaid coverage make a difference? Maternal and Child Health Journal, 11(1): 11-17, January 2007.
- Schieve L, Rosenberg D, Handler A, Rankin K, Reynolds M. Validity of Self-Reported Use of Assisted Reproductive Technology Treatment Among Women Participation in the Pregnancy Risk Assessment Monitoring System in Five States, 2000, Maternal and Child Health Journal, 10(5):427-431, September 2006.
- Rosenberg D, Onufer C, Clar G, Wilkin T, Rankin K, Gupta K. The need for care coordination among children with special health care needs in Illinois. Maternal and Child Health Journal. 9(0): S41-S47, June 2005.
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.