Lorraine M Conroy
Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences
2121 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Sc.D., Harvard Univ, 1988
- M.S., Harvard Univ, 1984
- Workplace exposure assessment, characterizing workplace contaminant sources, ventilation system model development and validation, implementation of respiratory protection programs
- Industrial hygiene, occupational and environmental health policy, safety and health management systems, research methods
- Graber, J.M.; Cohen, R.A.; Basanets, A.; Stayner, L.T.; Kundiev, Y.; Conroy, L.; Mukhin V.V.; Lysenko, O.; Zvinchuk, A., Hyrhorczuk, D.O.: Results from a Ukrainian-US collaborative study: Prevalence and predictors of respiratory symptoms among Ukrainian coal miners. Am. J. Ind. Med. 55(12): 1099-1109 (2012).
- Dorevitch, S., Conroy, L., Karadkhele, A., Rosul, L., Stacewicz- Sapuntzakis, M., Fantuzzi, G.: Associations between obesity and asthma in low-income, urban, minority populations. Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 110(5):340-346 (2013).
- Forst, L., Nickels, L., Conroy, L.: The WHO modules in occupational safety and health: training for prevention. Public Health Reviews, March/April 2009
- Dorevitch S, Demirtas H, Persky VW, Erdal S, Conroy LM, Schoonover, TM, Scheff, PA: Demolition of High-Rise Public Housing Increases Particulate Matter Air Pollution in Communities of High-Risk Asthmatics. J. Air & Waste Manage. Assoc. 56:1022–1032 (2006)
- Lacey, S.E., Forst, L.S., Conroy, L.M., Petrea, R.E.: Eye injury in migrant farm workers and suggested hazard controls. J. Agric. Safety Health 13(3):259-274 (2007).
- Ooms, T.G., Artwohl, J.E., Conroy, L.M., Schoonover, T.M., Fortman, J.D.: Concentration and Emission of Airborne Contaminants in a Laboratory Animal Facility Housing Rabbits. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 47(2):39-48 (2008)
- Lacey SE, Conroy LM, Franke J, Wadden RA, Hedeker D, Forst LS: Personal dust exposures at a food processing facility. J. Agromedicine 11:49-58 (2006)
- Conroy, L.M., P.M. Trevelyan, and D.B. Ingham: An analytical, numerical, and experimental comparison of the fluid velocity in the vicinity of an open tank with one and two lateral exhaust slot hoods and a uniform crossdraft. Ann. Occup. Hyg. 44(6):407-419 (2000)
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.