Lee S Friedman
Environmtl & Occuptnl Hlth Sci
504 SPH-W, M/C 922
1603 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Ph.D., Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2006
- MSPH, Univ of Illinois at Chicago, 2005
- Injury epidemiology; Occupational health; Road Injury Prevention; Domestic violence across the life-span; Real- time surveillance; Military Health Issues; Conflicts of Interest in Biomedical Research
- Injury epidemiology and prevention
- Richter ED, Friedman L, Berman T, Levy O, Westin JB, Peretz T. "Cancer Risks in Naval Divers with Multiple Exposures to Carcinogens." Environ Health Perspectives. 2003; 111(4): 609-617.
- Friedman LS, Lukyanova EM, Kundiev YI, Shkiryak-Nizhnyk ZA, Chislovska NV, Zvinchuk AV, Oliynyk I, and Hryhorczuk DO. “Elevated BMI and The Built Environment in a Ukrainian Cohort of Children”. (Submitted)
- Hryhorczuk DO, Dardynskaia I, Matwyshyn M, Friedman LS, Shkiriak Nizhnyk, Zvinchuk A, Chislovaskaya N, Antipikin Y. “Risk Factors for Wheezing Illness in 7 Year Old Participants In the Family and Children of Ukraine Longitudinal Cohort Study”. (Submitted)
- Friedman LS and Forst L. The Impact of OSHA Recordkeeping Regulation Changes on Occupational Injury And Illness Trends In The U.S.: A Time-Series Analysis. Occ Environ Med. 2007;64:454–460.
- Friedman LS and Forst L. Occupational Injury Surveillance of Traumatic Injuries in Illinois, Illinois Trauma Registry: 1995-2003. J Occ Environ Med. 2007 Apr;49(4):401-10.
- Friedman LS, Lukyanova OM, Kundiev YI, Shkiryak-Nizhnyk ZA, Chislovska NV, Mucha A, Zvinchuk AV, Oliynyk I, Hryhorczuk D. “Body Mass Index, Mineral Supplementation and Other Predictors of Elevated Blood Cadmium Levels in Ukrainian Children”. Environ Res. 2006; 102(1):83-89.
- Friedman LS, Lukyanova OM, Kundiev YI, Shkiryak-Nizhnyk ZA, Chislovska NV, Mucha A, Zvinchuk AV, Oliynyk I, Hryhorczuk D. “Predictors of Elevated Blood Lead Levels Among 3 Year Old Ukrainian Children: A nested case control study”. Environ Res. 2005; 99: 235-242.
- Liang S and Friedman LS. Analysis of Suspected Suicides Using Poison Center Data. Arch Suicide Res. 2011;15(3):185-94.
- Richter ED, Barach P, Friedman L, Krikler S, Israeli A. “Raised Speed Limits, Speed Spillover, Case Fatality and Road Deaths in Israel: A Five-Year Follow-up.” Am J Pub Health. 2004; 94: 568-574.
- Friedman LS, Avila S, Tanouye K, Joseph K. A Case-Control Study of Severe Physical Abuse of the Elderly. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011 Mar;59(3):417-22.
- Friedman L, Brautbar N, Barach P, Wolfe AH, Richter ED. "Creatine Phosphate Kinase Elevations Signaling Muscle Damage After Exposures to Anticholinesterases: Two Sentinel Patients". Arch Environ Health. 2003; 58(3): 167-171.
- Friedman LS, Barach P, Richter ED. Raised Speed Limits, Case Fatality and Road Deaths: A Six Year Follow-up Using ARIMA Models. Inj Prev. 2007;13;156-161.
- Friedman LS. “Real-Time Surveillance Of Illicit Drug Overdoses Using Poison Center Data.” Clinical Toxicology. 2009; 47: 573–579.
- Friedman LS, Hedeker D, Richter ED. “Long-Term Effects Of Repealing The National Maximum Speed Limit In The United States.” Am J Public Health. 2009; 99(9):1626-31.
- Friedman LS, Lukyanova EM, Kundiev YI, Shkiryak-Nizhnyk ZA, Chislovska NV, Zvinchuk AV, Oliynyk I, and Hryhorczuk DO. “Social-Environmental Factors Associated with Elevated BMI in a Ukrainian Cohort of Children”. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2009;4(2):81-90.
- Friedman LS, Modi P, Liang S, Hryhorczuk D. Analysis of Hymenoptera stings reported to the Illinois Poison Center. J Med Entomol. 2010 Sep;47(5):907-12.
- Friedman L, Richter ED. "Relationship Between Conflicts of Interest and Research Results". J Gen Int Med. 2004; 19; 51-56.
Additional Websites / Affiliates
- Community Affiliate: www.tspri.org
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.