School of Public Health
Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences
1603 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- D.P.H., Columbia U, 1987
- M.D., Columbia U, 1979
- Sc.D., Columbia U, 1974
- MPH, Columbia U, 1980
- M.S., Columbia U, 1973
- BSCHE, Columbia U, 1970
- Environmental carcinogenesis,molecular epidemiology,protein structure-function,gene-environment interactions, cancer prevention, environmental health policy, environmental health ethics
- Environmental health, toxicology, occupational medicine, environmental health ethics, sustainable development
- Tooker BC, Newman LS, Bowler RP, Karjalainen A, Oksa P, Vainio H, Pukkala E, Brandt-Rauf PW: Proteomic detection of cancer in asbestosis patients using SELDI-TOF discovered serum protein biomarkers. Biomarkers 16:181-191 (2011).
- Brandt-Rauf SI, Brandt-Rauf E, Gershon E, Brandt-Rauf PW: The differing perspectives of workers and occupational medicine physicians on the ethical, legal and social issues of genetic testing in the workplace. New Solutions - A Journal of Environmental and Occupational Health Policy 21:89-102 (2011).
- Brandt-Rauf SI, Brandt-Rauf E, Gershon R, Li Y, Brandt-Rauf PW: Genes, jobs and justice: occupational medicine physicians and the ethical, legal and social issues of genetic testing in the workplace. Ethics & Medicine 27:51-61 (2011).
- Grass DR, Ross JM, Family F, Barbour J, Simpson HJ, Datta S, Coulibaly D, Slavkovich V, Hernandez J, Chen Y, Graziano J, Santella R, Li Y, Brandt-Rauf PW, Chillrud SN: Airborne particulate metals in the NYC subway: a pilot study to assess the potential health impacts. Environmental Research 110:1-11 (2010).
- Yazdi E, Bowne W, Adler V, Sookraj K, Wu V, Shteyler V, Patel H, Oxbury W, Brandt-Rauf PW, Zenilman M, Michl J, Pincus M: Anti-cancer peptide, PNC-27, adopts an HDM-2-binding conformation and kills cancer cells by binding to HDM-2 in their membranes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA 107:1918-1923 (2010).
- Wang W, Qiu Y, Ji F, Liu J, Wu F, Miao W, Li Y, Brandt-Rauf PW, Xia Z: Genetic polymorphisms in metabolizing enzymes and susceptibility of chromosomal damage induced by vinyl chloride monomer in a Chinese worker population. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine 52:163-168 (2010).
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.