Rachael M Jones
Environmtl & Occuptnl Hlth Sci
2121 W. Taylor St
Chicago, IL 60612
- Ph.D., Univ of Cal Berkeley, 2008
- MPH, Univ of Cal Berkeley, 2003
- B.S., Univ of Washington-Seattle, 1996
- My primary research interests are: (1) Application and evaluation of physical and statistical models of exposure, and (2) quantitative microbial risk assessment.
- Environmental Calculations (Fall)
- R.M. Jones and E. Adida (2013) Selecting Non- Pharmaceutical Interventions for Influenza. Risk Analysis
- R.M. Jones, L. Liu, S. Dorevitch (2012) Hydrometerological variables predict fecal indicator bacteria densities in freshwater: Data-driven methods for variable selection. Journal of Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 3: 2355-2366
- R.M. Jones, E. Adida (2011) Influenza infection risk and predominate exposure route: Uncertainty analysis. Risk Analysis. 31(10): 1622-1631.
- R.M. Jones (2011) Critical review and uncertainty analysis of factors influencing influenza transmission. Risk Analysis. 31(8): 1226-1242.
- R.M. Jones, C.E. Simmons, F.W. Boelter (2011) Comparing two-zone models of dust exposure. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 8(9): 513-519.
- R.M. Jones, C.E. Simmons, F.W. Boelter (2011) Development and evaluation of a semi-empirical two-zone dust exposure model for a dusty construction trade. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 8(5): 324-336.
- C.E. Simmons, R.M. Jones, F.W. Boelter (2011) Factors influencing exposure: Simulation of drywall finishing activities. Journal of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene. 8: 324-336.
- M. Nicas, R.M. Jones (2009) Apportioning influenza risk across exposure pathways. Risk Analysis. 29(9): 1292-1303.
- R.M. Jones, M. Nicas (2009) Experimental determination of supermicrometer particle fate subsequent to a point release within a room under natural and forced mixing conditions. Aerosol Science & Technology. 43(9): 921-928.
- R.M. Jones, Y. Masago, T. Bartrand, C.N. Haas, M. Nicas, J.B. Rose (2009) Characterizing the risk of infection from Mycobacterium tuberculosis in commercial passenger aircraft using quantitative microbial risk assessment. Risk Analysis 29(3): 355-365.
- C. Steinmaus, A.H. Smith, R.M. Jones, M.T. Smith (2008) Meta-analysis of benzene exposure and non-Hodgkin lymphoma: biases could mask an important association. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 65(6): 371-378.
- M.T. Smith, R.M. Jones, A. Smith (2007) Benzene exposure and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention. 16(3): 385-391.
- R.M. Jones (2007) Quantitative Risk Assessment of Viral Aerosols: Influenza A and Rhinovirus Risks in Boeing 767-300 Passenger Aircraft and Hospital Isolation Rooms. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Education and Information Division, Risk Assessment Branch. Contract N o. 211-2006-M-16255.
- M. Nicas, A. Hubbard, R.M. Jones, A. Reingold (2004). The infectious dose of variola (smallpox) virus. Applied Biosafety. 9(3): 118-127.
- R.M. Jones, M. Nicas (2006) Evaluation of COSHH Essentials for vapor degreasing and bag filling operations. Annals of Occupational Hygiene. 50(2): 137-147.
- R.M. Jones, M. Nicas (2006) Margins of safety provided by COSHH Essentials and ILO Chemical Control Toolkit. Annals of Occupational Hygiene. 50(2): 149-156.
- R.M. Jones, M. Nicas, A. Hubbard, A. Reingold (2006). The infectious dose of Coxiella burnetii (Q Fever). Applied Biosafety. 11(1): 32-41.
- R.M. Jones, M. Nicas, M.D. Sylvester, A. Hubbard, A. Reingold (2005). The infectious dose of Francisella tularensis (Tularemia). Applied Biosafety 10(4): 227-239.
- R.M. Jones, M. Nicas, J. Quint (2003) Chemical Hazard Surveillance: Evaluation of Existing Systems and Recommendations for a State Policy. California Department of Health Services Occupational Health Branch, Hazard Evaluation Service and Information System. http://www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/hesis/Documents/ChemTracking-UCB_Report.pdf
- Academic Affairs
- Community and Public Health Practice
- Finance and Resource Planning
- Information Technology
- Research Services
- Student Affairs
- Urban Health and Diversity Programs
To see more SPH Events.